Monday, June 18, 2012

A Delicious Summer Treat

Summer is on it's way and, for me, this means I get to break the summer dessert recipes.  In the summer I like to make light and tasty desserts, so jello recipes are among my favorites.  I especially love any jello recipes with fruit in them (they not only taste really yummy, but look really cool!).  So, in honor of my love for jello recipes, I figured I'd share with you one of the easiest.  I got this recipe from Babble (I did very slightly change it, but anybody should feel free to experiment with the fruit or juice however they choose).  This is a truly tasty and fun and easy to make summer treat.



Fruit Gelatin 
makes 12


Ingredients
3 1/2 cups grape juice
2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
1 cup of grapes (sliced in halves)
1 cup of strawberries (sliced)
1 cup of mandarin oranges



  • Pour grape juice into sauce pan.
  • Sprinkle gelatin over and let it stand for 10 minutes.  Turn the heat on low and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
  • Pour into individual ramekin bowls, muffin tins, or just use a glass dessert dish to eliminate the step of removing the gelatin later. 
  • Add fruit to each individual dish.
  • Chill in your refrigerator overnight or until set.
  • Loosen the molds with warm water or with a knife.  Set a plate on top of the mold, holding both the mold and the place and flip upside down quickly to remove the mold. 
  • Admire your hard work and enjoy this tasty and fruity treat!




No comments:

Post a Comment