Friday, May 25, 2012

Microscopic Apartments; Unique Lifestyles

Okay, so recently I found out that there are existing people out there who live in NYC in what some people would consider a shoe box.  What is so amazing about these people is that a) that they live in such a small space and b) that they do an amazing job at decorating it and how they make the most out of what little space that they have.

This intrigued me so much that I actually showed my best friend this and she was intrigued by this as well and would actually be interested in living in one of these.  If anybody is reading this and knows of such a place, please let me know so that I can tell my friend!  I would not be able to live in a microscopic apartment because I am plus sized.  My friend, however, is the size of a faerie and I think she would do very well.

Here are pictures of some of the amazing things that I have seen these people do to their itty bitty abodes. God bless them.



Photos: The Tiny Life
What an amazing story the woman above has.  A professional organizer, indeed, because look how organized her place is. The decorating in her bathroom= nothing less than amazing. Seems that there is a place for everything! If she is reading this: you totally rock, lady!



Yupp, this woman did it...she made a dining/cooking area in her shoe box!


It seems there are a few things that are key for living in these microscopic studios. So far, I see miniature fridges, microwave or toaster ovens (i would prefer microwave because you can actually cook many many things in it), loft beds, lots of shelves and storage organizers and a great sense of style.  I'm almost positive there are many other key things needed in order to survive in this lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment