Monday, August 13, 2012

Colorful Quilts

I started having an interest in quilts ever since my husband and I were dating and I met my mother-in-law for the first time on Thanksgiving.  We were at my husband's aunt's house in Connecticut and my mother-in-law bought over bags full of fabric, which she was sewing together.  It turns out she makes quilts as a hobby and the colors she was using were just so pretty.

When I finally saw my in-law's house in Maine, I saw all of the quilts she made and they were gorgeous.  She made one for each of her son's (she has 4! can you imagine???!!!).  The first of her quilts I actually saw was at our old condo in Connecticut.  My husband had used it as his bedding and it was ripped up horribly and I did the best I could to repair it.  In retrospect, it probably should have been wall art instead of bedding.

Anyway, her quilts are amazing and next time I go to Maine I am going to have to take pictures of some of them and post them on here.  For now, here are some other amazing, colorful and beautiful quilts that I found on the net:


Photo: brendapinnick




Ahhhh! Gerber Daisies...my fave!

Photo: Quilting Kat


And...hold the phone...I don't have any kids, but I always dreamed I would have a girl or two. That is, up until I saw this. Notice the little piggies on the corners?  Thanks, PokeyDotQuilting, for making me dream of having boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment